We work effectively with our clients towards the best possible outcome, whether through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, or if judicial determination is ultimately necessary.
We have considerable experience in representation and advising on disputes including commercial mediations, arbitration, and representation at all Court levels up to Supreme Court (including specialist tribunals).
We regularly work with independent Counsel to pursue optimal outcomes for our clients. Our technical analysis and strategic advice is highly regarded and represents a significant asset for our clients.
We employ leading evidence analysis and forensic techniques to identify and focus on critical issues at the heart of disputes, and to provide our clients with a competitive advantage in adversarial situations.
We are proud to use LawFlow®, a leading supplier of electronic discovery and document analysis software:
Recent engagements have included:
- Advising and representing domestic and international client in successful mediations, including successful resolution of substantial claims and multi-party disputes.
- Advising on and representation at 10 week High Court trial on securities law and trade practices issues ($180m prospectus liability class action), including extensive legal analysis and forensic evidence evaluation;
- Advising on and preparing documents for successful entry and enforcement of foreign judgments in New Zealand and cross-border litigation.
- Advising on disputes involving technology suppliers, including software development, implementation, web development and contract disputes, and successful negotiations of settlements including disengagement of commercial hosting arrangements and delivery-up of customer data;
- Advising on and successful representation at Environment Court hearing (appellant), including obtaining an above-usual costs order;
- Advising and successfully defending an international airline on regulatory prosecutions, including attendances at District Court proceedings;
- Advising on High Court claims for photographic copyright infringement and breach of contract;
- Advising on and assisting in successfully settling disputes for breaches of copyright, including unauthorized domestic and international use of intellectual property; and
- Advising on successful resolution of employment disputes.
"I have worked for several years on the instructions of Clendons. This has reached the Supreme Court in one case, and the Court of Appeal in another, and I have assisted them informally in other difficult litigation.
I work with firms throughout New Zealand. I record my observations of Clendons as skilled litigation solicitors, and second Counsel to me. They have advanced technological skills and are experts in the field of electronic discovery.
They have a mastery of procedural rules and the ability to handle complex litigation in an orderly and expeditious action. Their research and analytical skills are excellent. They work to high ethical standards." – NRW Davidson QC