We advise on commercial and legal issues arising out of new and emerging technologies.
Projects we have advised on include:
- A wide range of computer hardware and software issues, software development, licensing and support, hardware supply and maintenance, consulting, and international software development consortia;
- Technology projects and project management, including multi-party projects, consortium tenders, RFP and RFT processes (both principal and participants), implementations (including multi-site projects) and performance/delivery issues;
- Establishing and advising on emerging supply strategies and methods, including SaaS and IaaS;
- Internet-related issues, including web development and hosting, service level agreements, electronic payment systems and on-line intellectual property protection;
- Trade practices, privacy, consumer protection and competition law issues;
- Resolution of disputes arising out technology projects; and
- General commercial issues including company structuring and funding for new technology companies, company and share sales, executive incentive plans and employment/contractor/supplier issues.
"We are a software and services technology company, supplying an expanding global customer and partner network. It is essential that our legal advisors understand our technology, and provide advice that is both technically astute and commercially focussed. Over many years Clendons and their network of overseas associates have been invaluable advisors on a broad range of matters including, but far from limited to, personnel considerations, development of standard contractual terms, overseas litigation, capital raising and customer and partner negotiations. I thoroughly recommend Clendons to anyone looking for astute, considered legal advice that is applicable in the real world."
Allan Campbell, Chief Executive Officer, Maxava Limited, www.maxava.com